Let’s face it, Pastors have extremely busy schedules and preparing the weekly sermon is sometimes pushed to the side until Saturday night. Then the rush is on to quickly research your sermon topic, put together your notes and prepare the Power Point slides while hoping to get a few hours of sleep before Sunday morning. That’s where sites like SermonWorld.com come in.
This site offers a new sermon each week, complete with detailed notes in both Microsoft Word or RTF format and a set of Power Point slides. All, or most of the research has been done for you. Simply take the notes, modify them to your style and add or remove any material as God leads you.
Here’s a sample from one page of a six page set of sermon notes.
A RENEWAL OF OUR MINDS
1 Cor. 2:16; Rom. 8:6; 12:1-2;
- The average brain weighs about three pounds – It contains 12 billion cells.
- Each one of these cells is connected to 10,000 other brain cells, totaling 120 trillion brain connections.
- Dr. Duane Gish has observed that “the human brain is the most complex arrangement of matter in the universe.”
- Some have compared the brain to a sophisticated computer, but technology still has a long way to go before it can duplicate the brain’s capabilities.
- The brain is not only the most complex mechanism in the world; it is the most influential organ in your body.
- It accounts for your ability to think, remember, love, hate, feel, reason, imagine and analyze.
- Everything we see, hear, touch and smell is recorded on the lobes of the brain.
- Your brain elevates you high above the animal kingdom – It literally sustains your life.
- If you are brain dead, you are dead because the brain supervises everything you do from the involuntary beat of your heart to the conscious decisions of daily life.
- It both houses and actually constitutes the mind.
- Proverbs 23:7 summarizes so well the over-arching significance of the mind as far as God is concerned in this poetic declaration: “For as he thinks within himself, so he is. – Proverbs 23:7a (NASB)
An annual subscription to SermonWorld.com is $99.95. With 52 sermons included in the subscription, that’s only $1.92 per sermon. The Power Point presentations alone are worth that much. Think about how much time is spent just setting up Power Point files for sermons.
With an annual subscription you will have accress to a new set of sermons each month. Whether you use them now or save them for later reference, it’s an excellent resource to have at your fingertips when it’s needed.