There are so many great Christian websites on the internet today. I am only capturing ten of them in this article so a lot of them will be missed. These ten sites are ones to check out if you are not currently using them.
10. Daughters Of The Creator – This is a new site designed for Christian Women. Crystal McDowell offers a daily devotional that you can get in your email, through Facebook or find directly on the website. The daily devotional also comes with a great Bible verse image that is perfect for sharing. Read a few of the devotionals and you will soon be starting each day with one!
9. ChristianAnswers.net – This is an awesome site that I’ve turned to several times to help prepare for a Sunday school lesson. The site is packed with over 45,000 articles and provides Biblical answers to many of the most commonly asked questions. You can also read movie reviews, game reviews, articles for teens or explore the kid’s section.
8. Rhetorical Jesus – This site uses the daily devotional model but has a great twist. Each day a Rhetorical question is asked and the devotional is written up based on this question. The Devotionals are written by Pastor Jack Wellman and the photos are in a cartoon type of a format that you don’t see much around the web. This is a great daily devotional for those that want to grow closer to Christ through self examination.
7. Answers In Genesis – AiG is the website of Ken Hamm’s creationist ministry. Their goal is to educate people on scientific evidence which refutes the notion of evolution and an old earth and supports the Biblical account of creation. This is the most in depth Creationist site on the Internet and contains thousands of article and videos. The site has been recently redesigned and is better than ever!
6. Faith In The News – Faith In The News is one of the sites that has come along lately to share some awesome videos. One thing that makes this site different is they also share original titles. An example of one of these titles is “4 Signs You Are Under Spiritual Attack”. The content that this site shares is great which makes it a must visit for those looking for Christian content.
5. Got Questions– Got Questions is one of the longest running Christian websites that is still very active. They do a wonderful job asking any type of question you can imagine. They are a tremendous tool to go to when you have a question that needs a trusted answer.
4. Christian Quotes – I have always loved good quotes and this is the site to go to for Christian Quotes. There is a large database of around 250 of authors and thousands of quotes. The thing I really like about this site is the modern feel. The site is well designed and each day offers a daily image with a short devotional. The images are perfect for sharing on Facebook. They also have a large Facebook page that is worth joining.
3. Bible Gateway – In 1995, there were less than 200,000 total websites on the Internet. Bible Gateway was there! (ChristianWebsite.com also went online in 1995. Wow, that seems like a long time ago!!) Bible Gateway is certainly not up to date with all the “cool” Web 2.0 gadgets and gizmos, and there are other Bible search sites that provide more features. But when it comes to searching the Bible, no site is easier or quicker to use than Bible Gateway. That’s why it ranks as the #1 most visited Christian website on the Internet.
2. What Christians Want To Know – This site is built in a similar mold to Got Questions. They answer questions and give lists that Christians are looking for. It is a great site to find Bible verses by a certain topic. It also differentiates from Got Questions in that readers are allowed to comment and discuss on each article.
1. and the #1 site is…. Bible Hub – Bible Hub is my favorite Bible Search tool. You can easily compare different translations of verses when searching for a specific verse without changing screens. The site has more ways to study the Bible then I can possibly mention. If you haven’t checked this site out before you are missing out.
I like oldpathsermons.com, its been up since about March of 08.. good preaching & singing… It a smaller site but has solid content
Who were the past years top sites?
Your listings are way off checking them against Alexa.com
Alexa ranks websites based on traffic to the site. This list has nothing to do with the amount of traffic the websites receive. This list is an opinion ranking based entirely on the quality of what's offered on the sites.
I like most those sites. Love christiananswers.net, godtube, and mypraize.com. You shoud also included Christianbooks – have everything and also Righteous Gifts – got some good christian gifts
I buy from those 2 a lot. There are definatley many other sites I go to though.
Great sight, have any of you ever checked out whatusow.com? It too is a Christian social networking site but it is much different that the ones listed here. And it is more secure as it is a closed system and they background everyone. Just curious if you had heard about it
i really like faithfreaks.com its another christian myspace alternitave. it has a place for prayer requests and praise reports.
Thanks for the list.
I wasn't aware of Mypraize.
I am going to look into that.
I am Surprised that you don't have CBD (Christian Book Distributors) on this list. In my opinion, it is the best place to buy Christian books! Every Christian should know about this online bookstore, as it would save them a lot of money on Christian books and Bibles!
This is a great idea! Thanks for highlighting these sites. One of my favorites is http://www.mentorsofministry.com. I like to be able to ask older women some of life's tough questions. Cool looking site, too.
Try CARM.ORG, a great apologetics web site.
http://www.christianfamilytube.com is nice as well.
Catholics and other Christians: A vote for Obama and Biden is a vote for moral incompetence. And what makes them moral incompetents? Their support and legislative actions that support Roe V, Wade,abortion on demand for any reason.
50 million abortions in 40 years is proof enough that this law goes far beyond medical need or compassionate judgment.And any Christian that does not understand the significance of what these numbers mean in the context of Christian moral standards should be ashamed to say that they are Christians. Catholics who vote for these men are automatically excommunicated as accomplices to abortion (Latae Sententiae under Canon Law 1329). Anyone who believes that moral incompetence is not a political issue,should ask themselves why this country is in danger of losing its moral compass. No prayers allowed in public or in our schools. Liberal,secular degeneration so obvious in the media that is effecting the value system of our children in a very negative way. A Christian majority has allowed a secular minority to establish a new moral code that will ultimately force Catholics Hospitals to perform abortions and Christians to practice their religions very quietly and in a way that does not violate the "rights" of a liberal,secular minority. And new definitions of what is right and what is wrong will become the law of our land. It is already happening.
Those who tolerate evil will be consumed by it. John Feltman
Interesting list of sites that give an indication as to what is being provided online by way of ministry for Christians.
Have you had a look at http://www.thirsty4god.co.uk – It provides a structured daily reading plan, going though a book or character from the Bilble. It is quite unique in that there are four different writers per month, each covering a week of daily articles. Lots of other solid stuff for young Christians as well.
I like all the site's, But my best rating is for http://www.biblegateway.com
Check out http://www.ourmastersvoice.org Also
Great list, thanks for taking the time to put it together. There were some on here I did not know about.
I love the sites you have listed. It is wonderful that we as Christians finally are having more choices on the web. GodTube.com, Bible Gateway and ChristianPost.com are my favorites and the ones I visit most. I also visit ChristianWebsite.com all the time.
great list of sites you have provided here a couple of them i know but a few i havnt heard of b4 and i will be checking them out.
I would also like to share that i came across a great christian social network with many features and profile options i recommend that you check this site out aswell http://www.churchopolis.com
Best bible study website.. .www.blueletterbible.com
I believe "Church Swindoll" would appreciate being called "Chuck." Smile! We all make them, mistakes that is. Though being called "CHURCH" is super, too.
LOL, can't believe it took so long for someone to catch that. Thanks!
creation.com & icr.org also very great websties
There is a new End Times site http://www.HowLongOLord.com that has some interesting articles and topics on signs of the End Times in news and global events. The site has some good material that is not covered on most sites…
Are there some SEO experst here? We could help to make these sites to be visited by many people. There are many ways that we can do. These sites are all great and really happy that we still have sites that can give us the need for our spirits.
hello, i m one of the responsibles of an african fellowship (impact fellowship) and im looking for man of God to come for a crusade november/ december. pleacse help me to get a contacts. tkhs
great article crosswalk is cool. I looked at http://JesusCircle.Me – pretty cool. Has free TV Channels and giving away an iPhone 4S – lol. Also checked few others. Good article
http://www.biblos.com ought to be added to this list!
Where is UltimateTube.com http://www.ultimatetube.com ? A great place to share your Christian Videos
Really sad news for any church. Turning the church into business is really unfortunate. Why voting etc?
Just found this site and I am surprised that there are only 10 sites that are in the Top Ten. I had already run across Crosswalk.com and it is divine. I hope that you will view mine.
Hello, I created a christian community about two years ago. It's about connecting Christians al over the world and to be a tool for churches and congregations in there work, we also have a large church database where you can find churches in different countries around the world.
Please check it out and see if this are fitted in in your top 50 list or top 10 list (www.onewayzone.com)
This is great, now are there any Christian job board sites???
If so, please advise!!
Depends what you are looking for, but for imagery I like http://www.christian-powerpoint.com or http://www.sermonview.com
You're doing the Christian community a huge disservice by recommending Answers in Genesis and Ken Ham. They are entirely wrong about the age of the Earth and Universe, and a lot of other things too numerous to mention here. Reasons.org is a much better website. They integrate the Bible and science, showing the two to be completely compatible when properly understood, while still rejecting evolution.
Paul, I have to disagree with you. Either the Earth is young or we can't trust the rest of the Bible. (I trust the entire Bible to be accurate) If you read Genesis 1:5 it's obvious God anticipated this debate so he made it perfectly clear. "God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day."
There was evening and morning, the first day… God DEFINED a day so there would be no doubt. Notice this phrase is used at the end of each day of creation. I've read a lot of debates about the translation of the word day (yom). The translation is defined in the verse by saying that evening and morning was a day.
I don't use Biblegateway unless I have to. I can't click on the words to find their definitions so I use Blueletterbible instead. I've also found Bible.cc to be very helpful.
As far as the Christian Post is concerned, they can do better vetting of their articles and be more accountable and start kicking off the rabid activists who come to fight people in the comment section who publically do so because they view us as taking away their rights to sin. They've published articles by women pastors and write articles that can't be true. That isn't to say that some of the articles aren't helpful.
I think http://www.catholic.com is the best Christian website.
Visit SaveASinner.com is a trust worthy social media destination that shares videos of testimonies & original bible base content. We inspire people through success stories.
>> Paul, I have to disagree with you. Either the Earth is young or we can't trust the rest of the Bible.
>>(I trust the entire Bible to be accurate)
So do I.
>>If you read Genesis 1:5 it's obvious God anticipated this debate so he made it perfectly clear. "God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day."
Any time you hear someone saying things like "it's obvious" and "perfectly clear," you can bet he hasn't done his homework.
>>There was evening and morning, the first day… God DEFINED a day so there would be no doubt. Notice this phrase is used at the end of each day of creation. I've read a lot of debates about the translation of the word day (yom). The translation is defined in the verse by saying that evening and morning was a day.
Keep reading, jawhite. You haven't learned the truth yet. The Hebrew word "yom" has many possible meanings. Since there is disagreement over which meaning is used in Genesis, we need to look to God's creation for additional information, where it has been definitively proven that the Earth is over 4.5 billion years old. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, _mind_, and strength. Don't just take Ken Ham's word for things.
http://www.raptureprophecy.net is an interesting website about the End Times, and the Importance of Watching for Jesus Christ. Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find (Watching) as shared in Proverbs 8:34, Luke 12:37, and Revelation 16:15.
if you discount the first chapter of the bible as being literal than why believe any of the rest of it,
I love all the sites but i think crosswalk.com deserves it's place. watchout for tweetchrist.com!
http://www.godandscience.org is one of the BEST Christian web sties EVER. Also, please check out ReasontoBelieve.org. It has balanced, accurate information about the complete cohesiveness and harmony of the Bible/special revelation and science/general revelation. These two great "books" will never contradict one another. Please consider perusing the two websites mentioned above. The young-earth communities and websites are unfortunately not always academically or ethically sound. Don't let them fool you into thinking that Day-age creationists are not actually Bible-believing Christians or "compromisers" as they like to portray. This couldn't be farther from the truth.
Christian Media Feeds site http://www.christianfeeds.info
I am a newer christian(2years) and I have searched around looking for good sites that offer small group bible studies,christian fellowship and a place that I can just ask questions. Today I found your site that offered the 10 best christian web sites and I cannot believe how helpful it has been. I know have all the study tool sites,fellowship sites and then some that I could ever want! I can listen to christian sermons etc. as well. As you have probably guessed I am not the most internet savvy person around but you have brought everything that could possibly interest me to me in one place. For someone in need of some guidance concerning this subject you are literally a God send. Thankyou so much and I will look forward to all that God has planned for me as I strengthen my relationship with Him.
Hi Jeff! I know this is an old post, but I thought I’d respond anyway in case you someday want to update. I have a new website for Christians and would love for you to check it out. It’s all about accountability, community and coaching. Would appreciate your feedback. Thanks! Kathy
Thanks for the list of web sites.
As for the old verses young debate, I find that spending the time the Lord has given me on this earth can be spent more productivity in obeying the Great Commission ( Acts 1:8) than following in the footsteps of those who spent their time discussing, “how many angels can fit on the head of a pin”!
Presenting one person with the Good news daily rather than spending that time in useless debate on this board is just what we as followers of the Great “I am” are called to do.
Consistent with an earlier commentator, a favorite of mine is an online Bible research website called the Blue Letter Bible. It is found at: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The Blue Letter Bible (BLB) has over 4 million interconnected links on the site.
If you forget the name, just type “blue letter” on Google, and the site comes up #1.
The one BLB resource I use the most is the primary resource, namely, the Bible Search, which is found at the top on the home page). Once you arrive to a particular Bible verse, you will then find links to various study aids relating to the Bible verse.
As an attorney at law, I appreciate excellent research tools, and for Bible study tools, the Blue Letter Bible is at the top of my list.
Check out my site for online accountability, community and coaching for Christian men and women! It’s very cool!!